Look, we have all heard the issues with these big cross country moving companies. Thing is, I have done it three times and this last time was a terrible experience. This is a warning to people who especially live in apartment complexes. Chances are those really large trucks are likely not going to be able to pickup or deliver in most apartment complexes and instead of addressing this properly upfront, the company keeps charging you all these up charges for shuttle trucks. Sure they tell you that if the truck can't get to your door this will happen. This is their business. They should not be leaving up to the customer to know if it will work or not.
I would NEVER recommend someone who lives in an apartment complex even consider a service like Eden's given these factors. Oh and if the boxes are not the exact size they consider is correct moving box sizes, they will try to charge you more for overage. Even when you have provided a complete and accurate inventory list.
In addition, the drivers are typically not good at speaking directly to the customer and you get a lot of rudeness. Eden's should not allow this. You as the broker should take full responsibility for delivering good customer service by keeping your customer informed of how the move is going and when the approximate delivery date is. INSTEAD I had to keep calling and then getting a "well it might be this day or that day" and then I still did not know until the morning of. This is TERRIBLE customer service.
When I finally received my stuff, the driver comes with one poor dude to bring all my stuff up two flights by himself....one box at a time. And notice the condition of the boxes and how they are stacked upside down.
After looking at all options for my cross country move this is my recommendation now after doing this move. IF you have someone you know willing to drive a moving truck for you, DO IT YOURSELF. NO SURPRISES. GUARANTEED COST. If you don't have this, then look into the PODS or U-HAUL UBOXES. Guaranteed cost and your stuff is in the box until delivered. No moving your stuff from one truck to another to another and you have no idea how many times. The cost would have been the same after all the up charging I got from Eden's. NEVER AGAIN!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Quoting process
You May Also Like
- "If you hire Puma, just hope they don't do any damage to your house, because they will ignore you, not care about the damage, and then imply that you did..."
- "DR Horton consistently leaving nails on the street and refuse to refund the cost of a tire. I have tire pressure monitoring and it's obvious when a tire gets punctured..."
- "I Do NOT recommend AM Trucking and Delivery Service, 714 Montauk Ave., rooklyn, NY 11208, (718) 272-5900: - Missed estimated delivery by 4 days - Don’t know where their drivers are -..."
- " I went to my neighbor store that I trust Safeway store in Emeryville California And I bought some grocery Some of them Coca-Cola products ..."
- "I think the pictures says it all and you get what you paid for. At least the product arrive in time, but other than that I don't think I will..."
- "UNBELIEVABLE WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL: this faux fur jacket looked so nice online and looked like a joke costume for a child once it arrived, totally plastic & mailing..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."