Edens Moving Services - Don't Use if You Are in an Apartment
Look, we have all heard the issues with these big cross country moving companies. Thing is, I have done it three times and this last time was a terrible experience. This is a warning to people who especially live in apartment complexes. Chances are those really large trucks are likely not going to be able to pickup or deliver in most apartment complexes and instead of addressing this properly upfront, the company keeps charging you all these up charges for shuttle trucks. Sure they tell you that if the truck can't get to your door this will happen. This is their business. They should not be leaving up to the customer to know if it will work or not.
I would NEVER recommend someone who lives in an apartment complex even consider a service like Eden's given these factors. Oh and if the boxes are not the exact size they consider is correct moving box sizes, they will try to charge you more for overage. Even when you have provided a complete and accurate inventory list.
In addition, the drivers are typically not good at speaking directly to the customer and you get a lot of rudeness. Eden's should not allow this. You as the broker should take full responsibility for delivering good customer service by keeping your customer informed of how the move is going and when the approximate delivery date is. INSTEAD I had to keep calling and then getting a "well it might be this day or that day" and then I still did not know until the morning of. This is TERRIBLE customer service.
When I finally received my stuff, the driver comes with one poor dude to bring all my stuff up two flights by himself....one box at a time. And notice the condition of the boxes and how they are stacked upside down.
After looking at all options for my cross country move this is my recommendation now after doing this move. IF you have someone you know willing to drive a moving truck for you, DO IT YOURSELF. NO SURPRISES. GUARANTEED COST. If you don't have this, then look into the PODS or U-HAUL UBOXES. Guaranteed cost and your stuff is in the box until delivered. No moving your stuff from one truck to another to another and you have no idea how many times. The cost would have been the same after all the up charging I got from Eden's. NEVER AGAIN!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Quoting process
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "A friend found Carlos Catala/Carriers4Less for me. My son had just gone up to Virginia after finishing his A School for his Naval assignment. Instead of doing my own due..."
- "My husband recently hired on with malone flat bed. After three weeks no pay, my husband came down with a infection, he had to have surgery, his dispatcher calls him..."
- "If you are hoping to shell out several thousand dollars to have someone ransack all your belongings, steal what they think is valuable, and damage the rest, then Sammy Services..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "The alt-katolische Spitalkirche is one of the oldest Christian churches in Baden-Baden. It was first mentioned on the Spital legal instruments on March 1351. It was not far from the..."
- "Oakland to Kalispell tonight 7/1/16. 5 pm flight delayed all the way until 9 pm & said they'd reschedule for the next day & to wait for an update. 30..."
- "J R , the assistant manager at the salinas store, was not only unwilling to honor the price guarentee, his rude mannerism made me feel humiliated and embarrassed and then..."
- " I had a small water accidents and Paul Davis came to take care of it through my HOA. After the job is complete I decided to have them..."