Edens Moving Services - Don't Use if You Are in an Apartment
Look, we have all heard the issues with these big cross country moving companies. Thing is, I have done it three times and this last time was a terrible experience. This is a warning to people who especially live in apartment complexes. Chances are those really large trucks are likely not going to be able to pickup or deliver in most apartment complexes and instead of addressing this properly upfront, the company keeps charging you all these up charges for shuttle trucks. Sure they tell you that if the truck can't get to your door this will happen. This is their business. They should not be leaving up to the customer to know if it will work or not.
I would NEVER recommend someone who lives in an apartment complex even consider a service like Eden's given these factors. Oh and if the boxes are not the exact size they consider is correct moving box sizes, they will try to charge you more for overage. Even when you have provided a complete and accurate inventory list.
In addition, the drivers are typically not good at speaking directly to the customer and you get a lot of rudeness. Eden's should not allow this. You as the broker should take full responsibility for delivering good customer service by keeping your customer informed of how the move is going and when the approximate delivery date is. INSTEAD I had to keep calling and then getting a "well it might be this day or that day" and then I still did not know until the morning of. This is TERRIBLE customer service.
When I finally received my stuff, the driver comes with one poor dude to bring all my stuff up two flights by himself....one box at a time. And notice the condition of the boxes and how they are stacked upside down.
After looking at all options for my cross country move this is my recommendation now after doing this move. IF you have someone you know willing to drive a moving truck for you, DO IT YOURSELF. NO SURPRISES. GUARANTEED COST. If you don't have this, then look into the PODS or U-HAUL UBOXES. Guaranteed cost and your stuff is in the box until delivered. No moving your stuff from one truck to another to another and you have no idea how many times. The cost would have been the same after all the up charging I got from Eden's. NEVER AGAIN!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Quoting process
You May Also Like
- " I hired this company to move my household less than three miles away. They showed up late and forgot their sissors and tape and wanted to know if we..."
- "I bought model home furniture to be used in a house I had under construction. I stored it at the Self-Store on 484 in Ocala, Florida, a storage facility..."
- "Using All State for a cross-country move is the biggest mistake I ever made!! I have since discovered that All State Van Lines has many complaints filed against them, all..."
- " On the phone now, on hold too see if I can get my money back. I got billed the 3.95 on the 5th aug and again on 8/19...."
- " I went to my neighbor store that I trust Safeway store in Emeryville California And I bought some grocery Some of them Coca-Cola products ..."
- "FFIUL AGENT GUIDE SUMMARY OF CHARGES It's me Liquid, I post this not to damage them or to applaud them but just to have an official guide out there. I..."
- "At 1210 EDT on 12/10/2016 at the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen located at 12218 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170; They refused to honor the advertised deal in their window '10 PCS..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."